Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

Don't sweat the small stuff

16 October 2013

Today's been one of those days...

I'm generally a very positive person, and wouldn't want to subject you guys to my complaining, but this is my blog and I can do whatever I want, so there.

Ever have one of those days where everything kind of just, makes you irritated? People are just particularly stupid that day, and nothing is fast enough. The bus is late, the person talking on their phone is too loud, and that blog post you've been working on for well over an hour just doesn't look right?

Well that's how my day has been. It hasn't been a bad day per se, it has more or less been a "meh"  day. To be honest I didn't even notice things were bugging me until I started to write my post for today, which, I might add, was over two hours ago.  At first I didn't know what I was going to write about, so I checked out my list of ideas in my handy dandy Star Wars Moleskin (I know, totes awesome) and got some really great creative juices flowing. It's just, nothing worked out as I had wanted. It wasn't flowing, but in all the wrong directions, and I ramble and go all over the place most of the time, so that says something. I guess I just wasn't happy with the quality of the post.

I wanted to write something that I'm happy with, that I enjoy writing, and that you guys would enjoy reading, but it just wasn't happening. I actually got really frustrated and debated not writing anything. But I made "Blogtober" so that I could complete some things off of my list (procrastinate less and take more risks). You might not think blogging every day would be a risk, but it opens doors for me. If I can commit to writing everyday, than I can commit to other things (like actually going bungee jumping instead of just saying, "yeah, that'd be cool"). I just wanted to feel like I accomplished something I'm proud of. I really only came to this conclusion after writing the last few paragraphs, but who cares if the post didn't pan out? Today I climbed the proverbial "hump" and it left me a little out of breath, but I'm not going to sweat it. Don't ever sweat the small stuff. Don't over think things, and have a little freaking fun.

I just needed a day to ramble and not really care about the content of the post, so here you guys go. Tomorrow is a new day, with a new post, and I'm excited to write. But for today, I'm happy with this one too.

Happy Hump Day.


 photo signature_zps2625a20e.png


Odd One Out

1 comment :

  1. Totally hear you. I've had my share of those days. But I'm glad that you still wrote something, and that you're still optimistic about tomorrow. Hooray! :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...