Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

Happy Thanksgiving, eh!

14 October 2013

While all you Americans out there are enjoying your Columbus day, us Canucks up North are celebrating our Thanksgiving. Hence why there weren't any posts this weekend. I've been busy being thankful with family, and getting stuffed with turkey. Besides, this Odd One Out prefers quality over quantity, so I didn't think you guys would mind missing a few days outta me.

Here in Canadia, we have a lot to be thankful for, like the fact that our government is still up and running (technically not today, since it's a holiday, but you get the gist), for October, the weather has been pretty mild and I've seen a few brave souls still wearing shorts, plus there's a whole heck of a lot more to be thankful for, and I don't want to bore you guys.

Personally, I'm thankful for an incredible family who loves and supports me through every single endeavour I seek, amazing friends, both new and old, a roof over my head in my favourite city ever, food in my belly (possibly too much at times), my lovely weirdo of a cat, and you guys! When I started this blog almost a year ago, I never thought anyone would want to read it. Everyday that I see my stats I'm so amazed that people actually take the time to read my ramblings and it's pretty freaking awesome, so thanks you guys!

Aside from today being Thanksgiving, it's also Monday, which means it's time for....
Sami's Shenanigans

Saturday I started at my new job (yay!) and I'm so excited about working for this company. I've worked in the past with them and absolutely loved it, so I feel really good about it. I also quit my other job (you know, the one I talked about in this post) WOO! Then I headed home to spend the weekend with the fan jam. We went out for dinner, and I got some pretty tasty fajitas. Yumm. Then we watched some TV and kept it really low key, my fave.

Sunday started out pretty amazing...
Then we had dinner with whole family. I ate about a quarter of my weight in turkey and broccoli casserole. I love Thanksgiving. I also watched a whole football game! I'm a hockey fan by heart, so I don't know anything about football, but I come from a family of football fans. We watched the Patriots vs the Saints and I have to say, I kind of enjoyed it. I mostly discussed Tom Brady's life based on what I've read in magazines and asked questions as to why the QB kept licking his fingers, but I wasn't bored, and that says something. Congrats to me!

Since I was gone all weekend I was without Hima-Leia, so as soon as I got home this morning, she's been glued to me. I could barely even finish this post because she kept rolling on my keyboard...
See?

Have a great Monday, wherever you are!

 photo signature_zps2625a20e.png

Odd One Out

1 comment :

  1. Catching up on your posts due to not having internet for 3 days at home. 3 days!!! Honestly. And all because of stupid gales. This country is so backward.

    Anyhoo... glad to hear you had a fab Thanksgiving weekend! Will email you soon... oh and I hope things are going well at the new job!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...