Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

American Hustle: Whaaaaat

19 January 2014

Oh hey guys!

Here's a quick little Sunday post for you all. Yesterday I watched the Academy Award nominated film, American Hustle, and while most people I spoke to that had seen it didn't really enjoy it (apparently two hours is too much time to watch an over-weight Christian Bale hustle a perm-headed Bradley Cooper and company...) but I really enjoyed it.


Basically the movie is about this guy, Irving (Christian Bale, aka Batman) who has made a living hustling other people with this shady loan business he's been running with his mistress (Amy Adams).  He winds up getting caught by a the feds, led by Bradley Cooper, and in order to save face, (and to prevent Amy from becoming the new cast member in Orange Is The New Black) Batman Irving agrees to participating in a takedown of the New Jersey mayor, and other political figures. Picture Ocean's Eleven- style mission. Of course Jennifer Lawrence is fantastic and crazy, and I would see this movie for her alone.


I mean... Really though,everyone is actually really good in it. Even Robert DiNero comes in the picture as the head-hauncho for the mob. And to top it off, there's a plot twist at the end that I totally should have seen coming, but didn't and it was awesome.

I don't care what anyone says, I loved the movie, and you guys should go see it.

 Peace Out, Kate

2 comments :

  1. I agree, Jennifer Lawrence going all crazy was one of the better parts of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the movie! Jennifer Lawrence definitely makes it!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...